If the item is prepacked then the hierarchy would be the standard BASE_UNIT with CASE.
If the item is loose it depends on what is being sold to Foodstuffs:
- If it is sold to Foodstuffs by count then the individual item will need to be published as the BASE_UNIT with the number of units in the crate/case published as the CASE
- Eg. Avocados sold as an 80 count (crate of 80).
- Single avocado published as the BASE_UNIT (GTIN would need to be assigned to allow this in the NPC, but doesn’t need to be printed as a barcode)
- Crate barcode published as CASE with Number of Base Units=80
- If it is sold to Foodstuffs by KG then the crate/case should be published as a BASE_UNIT
- Is Variable (does the weight vary) =Yes (please allocate a variable GTIN usually begins with a "994" to your crate).
- Net Weight should be weight crate/case is packed to
- Eg. Rose Apples 18kg
- Crate/Case barcode published with Is Base Unit?=Yes, Is Variable=Yes and Net Weight=18KG
- Please note, pricing will be $ per KG and the Net Weight will be the average
Version 1.0 – Updated 24th April 2019