There are many ways to search for an image in MediaLibrary. Below are some of the most common ways to search.
- By default, a search is a "Starts With" search. Typing "gre" in search box will find images containing words that start with "gre" like green, great and grey etc.
- "Contains" search - To do this add an asterisk (*) to the front of your search term.
E.g. typing *gre will find words that start with anything that contain "gre" in them like green, great, grey as well as ogre and aggregate.
Multi Word Searches
- If two words are entered separated by spaces, MediaLibrary will perform an “AND” search (look for images that use word1 AND word2). Only images that match both words will be returned.
- To perform an “OR” search type OR (in capitals) between each word. This will return images that contain either word1 or word2.
- The space character is used to separate individual words to be searched and is used to perform and “AND” search. e.g. “canon ink” is the same as “canon AND ink”. This will only find images that contain both “canon” and “ink”.
- Use Quotation marks (" ") to group multiple words together as a single search phrase. Only images that match the entire phrase will be returned. E.g. real drink will return anything with the word real and the word drink but “real drink” will only return an image that has “real drink” in an attribute.
Searching by GTIN
- Searching by GTIN works the same way as searching by word/phrase.
E.g. entering the first few digits of a GTIN will return all images with a GTIN starting with those digits.
E.g. entering an asterisk (*) then the last few digits of a GTIN will bring up any images with those digits.
Using ‘Bulk Search’ you can search with a list of GTINs, brand or description. This is helpful in case you only want to access selected few images at a time
Follow the steps below to bulk search all your GTINs / barcodes -
1. Login to your account
2. Click on Bulk Search
3. Copy all the GTIN's / barcode you are looking to access under "Paste GTINs below"
select a .txt file or .csv file that has all your GTINs to upload
4. Click on "Submit"
5. Once submit button is clicked, you can also choose or filter results depending on the kind of images you are looking to access. For example - Facing, Angle, State or File Type
6. Click on Submit after which all your results will appear on one page.
7. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Searching for Private/Public images
To search for private images, type "IsPrivate: 1"
To search for public images, type "IsPrivate: 0"